Job Postings for Saint Rose Catholic Church (parish positions)
Full-time, Hourly, Non-Exempt
The Communications Specialist assists with and implements the parish’s communications to ensure consistency among all platforms. They are responsible for social media, bulletin, website, e-mail, and other communications in order to reach parishioners and Perrysburg community members and bring them further into a relationship with Christ and the Church.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Produce the weekly church bulletin
• Produce a monthly e-mail publicizing the key upcoming activities and events.
• Speak with Saint Rose Parishes’ “voice”; ensure it is used consistently across all content.
• Create relevant content, promotions, and ad campaigns designed to reach current and prospective parish or school members in a compelling fashion.
• Create and manage published digital content, including written copy, photos, videos, etc. for social media, web and more.
• Adapt content to consistently drive towards better results and greater reach.
• Ensure all website content is accessible current, compelling and brand compliant.
• Take photos at key parish events to assist in digital media and print communications.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the pastor or business manager.
JOB SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS
• Ability to adapt to and continually learn about new technology and marketing methods.
• Marketing/advertising and graphic design experience desired.
• Website management experience desired.
• Proficient in use of Adobe Creative Cloud (Primarily InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Premiere Pro and Acrobat Pro), Microsoft Office products
• Proficient in social media use of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & Youtube.
• Ability to interact and collaborate with staff, parishioners and vendors and clearly communicate publication requirements and deadlines.
• Excellent creative writing, grammar, composition, spelling and referencing skills.
• Often works independently, duties require independent judgment and the ability to analyze facts to determine the proper course of action.
• Knowledge of the Catholic Church – sacraments, history, liturgy, terminology, and scripture.
Communication Specialist works up to 40 hours per week during regular office hours or supervisor approved hours outside of regular office hours.
• Active member of the Roman Catholic Church
• Must be able to effectively communicate in both oral and written formats.
• Demonstrate effective listening skills, ability to understand and respect others, influence and persuade others, and give/receive constructive feedback.
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively with staff members and volunteers.
• Must have advanced computer skills, the ability to use other equipment associated with a general office environment, and the ability to use word-processing, spreadsheet, database, e-mail, and presentation software
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
• Must take initiative and display effective follow-through, time management, and organization.
• Must maintain the confidentiality of work related information and materials.
• Must maintain professional behavior, hygiene and, appearance.
• Must successfully pass BCI/FBI background check prior to employment and every 5 years.
EDUCATION LEVEL REQUIREMENTS
Bachelor's Degree in Communications or related field is required.
Job Postings for Saint Rose School 2019 - 2020 School Year
Saint Rose School does not currently have any open positions